Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Korean Skincare Review

Posted by Andrea Robin at 7:09 PM
I love Korean skincare because usually they only use natural plants for its main ingredients and less harmful chemicals in them. Also I find that Korean people have very good complexion compare to other Asian, don't you think so? Just see most of Korean celebrities like Song Hye Kyo (my fav), Lee Min Ho, Bae Yoog Joon, Jang Nara you name it... their skin is so smooth and flawless! So in this post it'll be my reviews on Korean Skincare/cosmetics that I've purchased.


My Skin Type: Dry/Combination Skin. Dry on both cheeks, Forehead/Oily on Chin area and nose bridge.
Acne: Occasionally.


Laneige Sleeping Pack 
I got 2 sachets of sample pack and tried it. Love the mild relaxing scent of this mask. The texture is thick but when I apply it onto my face it gives a cool feeling then I massage it slowly until it absorb into my skin. Although its texture is thick, after the gel fully absorb into the skin there's no sticky feeling and I can sleep with it without worrying the gel will stain my pillow because I like to sleep sideway. Thumbs up for that ^o^ Then in the morning my face feel fully moisturize and velvet soft. My skin feel moisturize all day long. 

This product claims: my opinion (1=Not Agree; 2=Partly Agree; 3=Agree)
Hydrates fatigue and dry skin: 3
Snow water for crystal clear and vitalized skin: 2
Aromatic Sleepscent helps good sleep: 2
Star Rating: ★★★★☆


Laneige Sun Block Triple SPF40
I bought this sunblock because it have multiple functions. The color of this sunblock is pearly white which will give the face glowing looks after application I think that's what it means by color correcting effect and it's great as a primer with UV protection because of the pearly effect it makes my face looks more brighter and healthier plus SPF40 is ample for daytime to avoid harsh UV rays. After applying it to my face I won't feel any greasiness but only the lightly scented smell. Also it won't dry out my skin even in air-con room the whole day. So far best sunblock face for me! Never skip sunblock ya as the harmful UV rays will age your skin 3x faster so please invest on good sunblock. It's better to prevent than to cure later ☺

This product claims: my opinion (1=Not Agree; 2=Partly Agree; 3=Agree)
UV block: 3
Skin Protection: 3
Color-correcting for radiant and vivified skin: 3
Star Rating: ★★★★


Zamian Premium Black Cacao Pack


I see this products have lots of review from all over nets and decided to try it myself. This is a wash off mask with active ingredients such as chocolate and 99.9% gold powder. The smell of this mask is very tempting, very choco smell which makes me wanna lick the mask off my face haha but believe me it doesn't taste anything like the chocolate we're eating. This wash off mask is definitely one of my favourite because it makes my skin brighter, smoother and softer after each application. There's a lot of acne prone reviewer claims that this mask help to control and heal their acne/pimples rapidly so I experiment it by applying on my newly grow pimple and I think it did make my pimple stop from growing bigger and by applying this cacao on my spot for few nights finally my pimple's gone without pressing it so no pimple scar worry here. 

This mask did not dry out my skin at all because it have aloe vera extract to help stabilizing our skin moisture from within like there's one time when my skin was really dry & sensitive, I applied this mask every alternate day and dap on my usual moisturizer before going to sleep and surprisingly the next day my face was much more moist and redness reduced without having to worry there's foundation patches or redness on my face for the day so this is a great mask for calming your skin sensitivity too. Now my skin back to normal I use this mask once/twice a week. This 1 tube can last for more than 3 months so it quite worth. A must buy mask! The only downside is that it's very messy and hard to clean off the mask afterwards because after you apply it onto your face the mask will harden on your face therefore it need sometime to get it off with warm water.

This product claims: my opinion (1=Not Agree; 2=Partly Agree; 3=Agree)
Bright and Smoother skin: 3
Cure Pimples and scar : 3
Tighten pores: 3
Eliminates fine lines and Wrinkles: 2
Star Rating: ★★★★

NOPS Aqua Punch Hydro Gel Cream





Natural Organic Plants (NOPS) is another newly open Korea skincare outlet in Malaysia like Skin Food, Etude House. However this brand is already established in Korea for quite sometime selling mainly in Korea Watson drugstore. I came across NOPS store at Sunway Pyramid new wings last year while shopping for Christmas gift. I wanted to find a good moisturizer for my dry skin so went in the store and I was attended by one of the friendly store consultant there introducing me this gel cream. She tested it on my hand and I love the cooling and watery feeling of this gel cream so without thinking long I bought it along with their 'Water Holic mist spray' and that time there's promotion, purchase above RM120 you'll get 1 scalp shampoo for free! So I purchase few more small items to try to sum up for the free gifts lols. That night itself, I applied it right away after night cleansing and my face fall in love with this product immediately. The feeling is so refreshing and most importantly it's not oily at all! The gel cream is a water based moisturizer so it absorb very fast into my skin. After application my face looks more energize and moisturize. Good investment for dry skin moisturizer so far.

This product claims: my opinion (1=Not Agree; 2=Partly Agree; 3=Agree)
Instant Hydrating: 3
Ingredient to whiten skin: 2
Brings cooling and freshness to tired skin: 3
Star Rating: ★★★★


Dr.Jart+ Water Sure Gel
Dr.Jart+ is a very well known Dermatological Cosmetics in Korea and other Asia countries especially with its famous BB cream. However this moisturizer is just OK for me not as hydrating as NOPS' Aqua Punch. I bought this before having NOPS anyway so quite regret as it did not work well on my skin. The texture of this gel is thick and a bit greasy feeling after application although it's water based gel. After few hours my face will back to dry mode again. I love the refreshing scented smell of this gel though.

This product claims: my opinion (1=Not Agree; 2=Partly Agree; 3=Agree)
Water based gel without stickiness: 1
Long lasting effect: 1
Lifting effect: 2
Star Rating: ★★

Dr.Jart+ Pore Medic Recover Pre-Base
I used this as my base before applying BB cream when I'm having a really dry skin. Texture of this gel is slightly thick and feeling a little bit greasy. However this base smoothen my dry skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.With this makes me more easier to apply my BB cream. After finish applying BB cream on my face, there'll be no powdery patches can be seen although my skin is very dry. This base also cover my visible pores.

This product claims: my opinion (1=Not Agree; 2=Partly Agree; 3=Agree):
Makes the best skin condition before makeup: 3
Covers fine lines: 3
Covers pores: 2
Sebum controlling effect: 2
Star Rating: ★★★★

Here goes my Korea Skincare review for now ^o^ Stay tuned for more soon guys! 
Good Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

欢迎光临! Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | Best Kindle Device